Saturday, May 16, 2009

meanings

So this post doesn't have a lot to do with Honduras, but for those who see the title of this blog and are wondering where it comes from, it's my play on Coldplay's song "life in technicolor ii"...one of my favorite songs they have written and performed. The chorus is what sticks out to me the most...

"O Love, don't let me go! Won't you take me where the streetlights glow? I can hear it coming, like a serenade of sound, now my feet won't touch the ground."

I just think the lyrics are beautiful and at times the first part of the chorus is my cry out to God when I am frustrated with how things are going, or if things in general seem hopeless. I may not say the "where the streetlights glow" part, but the words represent, to me, the equivalent of God flooding my darkness with light. I'm sure Chris Martin had something in mind involving a girl when he was writing this song, but I like to try and see how I can apply secular songs to my spiritual life.

So there you have it....life in hondocolor ii comes from one of my favorite songs and one of my favorite places to be!

1 comment:

  1. I love that I'm the first one to post on your blog...I hope to see more great things on here. Our loss is Honduras' gain!! :)

    ReplyDelete